The key factors that are most likely to improve learning outcomes.
- Learners taking ownership and having a choice in what they learn and how.
- Differentiated and individualized learning
- Formative, constructive, personalized, and focused assessment
- Small-group learning experiences
- Opportunities for students to reflect on their own learning and to develop other noncognitive skills that help them learn how to learn.
- Flexible, collaborative tools to help teachers and learners incorporate these key factors and improve learning outcomes.