2017 Special Election Candidates
The Special Election for Tom Price’s Seat should be fun to watch and participate in. The Special Election for Georgia US Congressional 6th District seat, vacated by Tom Price, will provide critical quantitative data on the mode of the Nation, post Trump. And, because this is a “Jungle” Primary (meaning the top two vote getters will be in the runoff – Independent of Party) we will learn a lot about the issues our District is interested in.
Romney won the district 60/40. Trump won the District 48/47. This means that many of the Republicans in the “GOP Establishment-friendly” North Atlanta suburb spurned Trump. Also, an important fact is: U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida won the district in the GOP presidential primary in March.
Republicans are favored to hold the seat, but this will be an referendum on Trump and his policies.
(Click on the name to go to the Candidates Page to get more information about them and their platform)
It’s impossible to present an unbiased view of a parties or candidate’s platform. The Party and Candidate will always spin the words of their platform to highlight the positives and ignore the negatives.
This Learning Community is trying to figure out how to represent the candidate’s platforms in a way that is actionable for the community.
If you have any ideas how best to do this let please join our learning community and add your voice to finding the solutions.
Platforms As Seen by a Conservative
Government cannot create prosperity, though government can limit or destroy it. Prosperity is the product of self-discipline, enterprise, saving and investment by individuals, but it is not an end in itself. Prosperity provides the means by which citizens and their families can maintain their independence from government, raise their children by their own values, practice their faith, and build communities of cooperation and mutual respect. It is also the foundation for our nation’s global leadership, for it is the vigor of our economy which makes possible our military strength and our national security. (Source – GOP 2016 Platform PDF)
2017 is critical for America’s future. All the values you care about — free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense — are at risk. Especially now as we reclaim America after eight years of unworkable, unsustainable liberal plans. (Source – Heritage Foundation)
Tax and Spend, give out participation medals for just showing up, crybabies, anti-Christian, Anti-white, Pro-big government, wants to kill the unborn, don’t like facts,
Platforms As Seen by a Progressive
Enrich the 1% at the expense of everyone else. The US Civil War is not over, the South will not admit it was about slavery. Protect the unborn but not the born. Want’s a Christian Theocracy. Believes Blacks are not as intelligent, on average, as whites.
Too many Americans have been left out and left behind. They are working longer hours with less security. Wages have barely budged and the racial wealth gap remains wide, while the cost of everything from childcare to a college education has continued to rise. And for too many families, the dream of homeownership is out of reach. As working people struggle, the top one percent accrues more wealth and more power. Republicans in Congress have chosen gridlock and dysfunction over trying to find solutions to the real challenges we face. It’s no wonder that so many feel like the system is rigged against them.
Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.
It’s a simple but powerful idea: we are stronger together. (Source – 2016 Democratic Platform PDF)
- Fascist – Peace Through Strength
- Realign World order where the two strongest fascist powers control the world through a partnership with Russia
- Repeal Obamacare Immediately. Eliminate Entitlements immediately – Entitlements and Obamacare make poor people poorer because it takes away their incentive to work.
- Eliminate Taxes and regulations on Business and rich folks because that is the best way to trickle down benefits to those not rich and not a business owner.
- Repeal Obamacare and Let the Poor get little or no healthcare
- Small Federal Government but Large State/ Local Government.
- Make Poor people work harder for what they get – That’s the only way to help them.
- OK with Russia Interfering in our Elections because it helps the GOP.
- Pledge to Support the National GOP before supporting the Georgia 6th District.
- OK with the world wide shift to the Right because it seems good for Business.
- Wants to “deconstruct the administrative Federal State” but “Build up the Administrative State and Local Governments.”
- Cut all regulations independent of what they do.
- Anti-Trump’s Anti-American Policies
- Fix Obamacare
- Lower Prescription Drug Prices
- Keep Pre-existing Conditions
- Pro Equality of Opportunity
- Make Education Better and More Affordable
- Lower Student Loan Interest Rates
- Pro Women’s Access to Healthcare
- Defend Planned Parenthood
- Support Families Right to Choose
- Support access to Birth Control for as many as possible
email@example.com (470) 344-5576 PARTY: INDEPENDENT AGE: 30 OCCUPATION: PROPERTY CRAFTSPERSON http://yourvotegeorgia.com
AMY KREMER 3162 JOHNSON FERRY RD. SUITE 260-510 MARIETTA GA 30062 firstname.lastname@example.org (678) 495-8271 REPUBLICAN AGE: 46 OCCUPATION: POLITICAL ACTIVIST http://amykremerforcongress.com
ANDRE POLLARD 2510 NORTHWOOD DR MILTON GA 30004 email@example.com (678) 200-0824
PARTY: INDEPENDENT AGE: 51 OCCUPATION: COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEER http://thetechparty.us
BOB GRAY 3000 OLD ALABAMA RD SUITE 119-153 >JOHNS CREEK GA 30022 firstname.lastname@example.org (770) 217-0678 AGE: 53 OCCUPATION: TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE http://bobgrayga.com
BRUCE LEVELL 4780 ASHFORD #500 DUNWOODY GA 30338 email@example.com
(770) 671-8488 PARTY: REPUBLICAN AGE: 52 OCCUPATION: ENTREPRENEUR http://levellforcongress.com
DAN MOODY PO BOX 769027 ROSWELL GA 30076 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org (404) 307-6272 AGE: 69 OCCUPATION: PROCESS ENGINEER http://www.danmoody.com
DAVID ABROMS 860 JOHNSON FERRY RD NE ST 140-341 ATLANTA GA 30342 email@example.com >PARTY: REPUBLICAN AGE: 33 OCCUPATION: BUSINESS EXECUTIVE http://www.abromsforcongress.com
JON OSSOFF firstname.lastname@example.org (770) 609-5592 PARTY: DEMOCRATIC AGE: 30 OCCUPATION: INVESTIGATIVE FILM EXECUTIVE http://www.electjon.com
JUDSON HILL PO BOX 71493 MARIETTA GA 30007 mailto:email@example.com PARTY: REPUBLICAN< OCCUPATION: BUSINESSMAN http://www.judsonhill.com
KAREN HANDEL 4010 OLD MILTON PKWY ALPHARETTA GA 30005 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
(770) 695-7283 PARTY: REPUBLICAN AGE: 54 OCCUPATION: OWNER HANDEL STRATEGY GROUP http://www.karenhandel.com
KEITH GRAWERT 2472 JETT FERRY ROAD SUITE 400 -109 DUNWOODY GA 30338 email@example.com (404) 916-5335 PARTY: REPUBLICAN AGE: 36 OCCUPATION: PILOT http://keithforgeorgia.com
KURT WILSON 5655 ATLANTA HIGHWAY 102B-480 ALPHARETTA GA 30004 firstname.lastname@example.org
(470) 728-6419 PARTY: REPUBLICAN AGE: 55 OCCUPATION: ENTREPRENEUR http://www.kurtforcongress.com
MOHAMMAD ALI BHUIYAN 2900 DELK RD SUITE 700 #25 MARIETTA GA 30067 email@example.com (404) 441-7881 PARTY: AGE: 58 OCCUPATION: HIGHER EDUCATION/SMALL BUSINESS http://mohammadaliforcongress.com
RAGIN EDWARDS firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE NUMBER: (770) 235-8877 PARTY: DEMOCRATIC AGE: 36 OCCUPATION: SENIOR MANAGER GLOBAL SALES OPERATION http://raginedwards.com
REBECCA QUIGG 3610 BLAKEFORD CT MARIETTA GA 30062 mailto:email@example.com (630) 336-5597 PARTY: DEMOCRATIC AGE: OCCUPATION: PHYSICIAN http://quiggforcongress.com
RICHARD KEATLEY PO BOX 1675 TUCKER GA 30085 firstname.lastname@example.org PARTY: DEMOCRATIC AGE: 52 COLLEGE PROFESSOR< http://www.keatleyforchange.org
RON SLOTIN 227 SANDY SPRINGS PLACE SUITE D-341 SANDY SPRINGS GA 30328 mailto:email@example.com (404) 423-6957 PARTY: DEMOCRATIC AGE: 54 OCCUPATION: CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER http://votinforslotin.com
WILLIAM LLOP 6065 ROSWELL ROAD SUITE 400 ATLANTA GA 30328< firstname.lastname@example.org (404) 917-2700PARTY: REPUBLICAN AGE: 58 OCCUPATION: CPA http://www.williamllopcpaforcongress.com